Here we are going to root V2 ROM for Canvas 2 Plus A110q. Micromax is giving Stock ROM V2 pre-loaded with newer Canvas 2 Plus phones. It has no touch freeze problem and is bugless. But the problem arising is it cant be rooted in a normal way. They have loaded many bloat apps which has made system memory full which makes it impossible to install root binaries. But there is a way to root it if we make some space and then install root exploit it will work. It can be done via CWM and scripting. I found similar script and SU binaries. It moves some default apps and make space to install superuser.
- You need to flash CWM recovery using SP-Flash Tools. First install drivers from here: Flashing Drivers
- Download and Extract SP-Flash Tools : http://d-h.st/bCX
- Download and Extract Scatter File and Preloader files from here: http://d-h.st/vug
- Download, Extract and Rename as recovery.img : http://d-h.st/HLr
- Put Preloader, recovery.img and scatter file in one folder. Open Flash_tool.exe from SP_FLASH Tools
- Select "Scatter-loading" and select "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" from created folder and Select "Download" option, it will search for phone now (note three files are selected that are in folder)
- Switch OFF the phone. Connect it with USB (in OFF state only) (proper divers must be installed as said above)
- If all goes well you'll see data transfer. At the end there will be Green Circle in middle of screen which means recovery is flashed.
- Download SuperUser binaries and place zip file in root of your sdcard : http://d-h.st/72Q
- Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button for some seconds and enter recovery mode
- Select install zip from sdcard and select the downloaded file. Flash it.
- Check if it is properly rooted with root checker app
*** I prefer you must backup in CWM after step 10. So your data remains safe.
Once it is rooted, remove bloat stock apps and free up some space. Then you can remove this root and re-root again with traditional method and/or you can also replace stock recovery if you dont need cwm.
Ask your queries in comments.
Credits: Ashish Yadav & Me.
Note: Rooting voids your warranty. So know the consequences before doing it. Though it take hardly 15 mins to make phone back in warranty. ;)
Also if your phone gets damaged, I am not responsible for it but I will help you to get it back working. :)