How to Increase System Partition for Canvas 2 Plus:
The reason behind posting this is because many times we never get full custom rom installation due to system partition less and so we have to decrease lots of system apps which are useful.
Hence, we thought of increasing system storage. So, here is the procedure to follow it which will decrease internal storage with 880MB and increase system storage with the same.
- Backup all your data and apps using titanium backup or CWM. This method will fully format your phone. I suggest to try this method when trying new custom rom.
- You may loose your IMEI and may face 'Invalid IMEI' error. So backup it before as mentioned below.
- If you don't need this then do not try it just like that. For some custom ROMs its a requirement. We will mention when you need this. Its a one time process.
- Make sure your phone is rooted. Download Root Explorer or X-Plore or any root file manager app and give it root access.
- GoTo this location: Root folder> Data > nvram > md > NVRAM> NVD_IMEI > MP0B_001
- Copy the above file to your sdcard or PC, so that you can use it whenever you want to restore IMEI. Make sure you copy this file when you are not facing any IMEI issues.
- To restore, copy back the above file (MP0B_001) to the same location. Paste and replace in same location.
- Now Set/Fix Permission to: fix permission rwe r-e r-e (755)
* Alternative methods: Use mtkdroid tools or mobileuncle tools *
Steps to follow for System Storage extension:
- Download SP-Flash Tool : http://d-h.st/Q96
- Download Partition Increase file: http://d-h.st/kAL
- Install this Drivers as stated: Flashing Drivers A110Q
- CWM is included in above files.
- Decompress and Extract partition file "MMX_SYSTEM_880.RAR" in a folder.
- Decompress and Extract SP-Flas tools and open it.
- Click on "Scatter Loading" and browse to the folder where you extracted files and select "MT6589_ANDROID_SCATTER_EMMC.TXT"
- Click on Format and Select "Format Whole Flash" and also Check "Validation" and click OK.
- Then connect your phone when it is powered off. It will proceed and you will see green circle if all goes well.
- Disconnect the phone after process is completed.
- Again in SP-Flash tools, Click on "Download" and Select YES.
- Again connect your phone in OFF state. It will search for your phone and let the process complete. Do not interrupt.
- After finishing it will show "Green Circle".
- Remove your Phone and open CWM recovery by pressing Vol Up + Vol Down + Power keys for some time. Then select recovery mode.
- Now flash any custom ROM or flash stock ROM via CWM.
- Reboot after restoration/installation and check for increased partition of 880mb.
- If you get "Invalid IMEI" error or No network because of IMEI error then restore your IMEI as stated above or using MTK DROID TOOL.
**We are not responsible for damage to your phones. But can help to restore it. This phone is not brickable. So if your phone is even dead, do not panic, just flash stock ROM.
Credits: Manish Singh (m@nish123 XDA)